Category archives: children
- In the creases of a mother's hands there is a history of love written there.
Over the years I have photographed mothers and their children, seen their smiles and captured their hugs. I have been a witness to the history they create together. It starts before Day One, but the days that I get to photograph the[...]
- As we wrap up the month of March – a time of springtime and showers, as well as school pride and bracket building – I wanted to take a moment to wish some of our peeps the happiest of birthday wishes.
Early in the month, the lovely Jenny celebrated her birthday
Followed by Kim who turned 14!
- Did you know that Elmo – the furry monster on Sesame Street – recently celebrated his birthday? One week ago, on February 3rd, that loveable baby monster on Sesame Street turned 3 ½ years old. In fact, every year on February 3rd he turns 3 ½ years old and has for the past 30+ years.
Fun little factoid, accordi[...]
Before January comes to a close – this month of milestones and celebrations – I wanted to highlight the birthdays we celebrated within Barbara Bell Photography.
One of the most lively multi-family portraits I captured was with the Cleaveland family last May, and the patriarch of the family, Peter, celebr[...]
- Happy New Year!
I love new beginnings, and the start of the New Year is a great new beginning. It’s the chance to try something new, try something again, or clear your decks to make room for more of what you love. A new year is a celebration and a milestone in itself. What will you celebrate this year?
Does it feel like 2016 flew by? It does, doesn’t it? But then I take a pause and look back over these past 12 months, and realize how full 2016 really was...
Thank you to this family who invited me into their home to photograph the three of them. These three have a joy that was the undercurrent of our [...]
- By the time we reach Thanksgiving, our portrait sessions for the year are wrapping up, but I had the opportunity to photograph this family of three in time for holiday portraits. Hurrah! I wouldn’t have traded this time behind the camera or this morning light. And running around the woods photographing a two-year-ol[...]
- Last week, I showed a sneak peek of my photo session with J. – the sweet 18 month old with a twinkle in her eye.
This is a great age to do a “day in the life” photo shoot. The shoot is meant to feel like a casual get-together where we spend time together visiting favorite locations, having a few outfit changes [...]