Category archives: North Carolina
- On this final Monday in April, it’s time for a shout out to our clients, family, and friends who celebrated a birthday this month.
Early in the month, this dad celebrated his big day.
This sweet momma celebrated her birthday just a week later.
April, shown here visiting Hartleyhenge, followed with [...]
- "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love."
- Today I had the pleasure of photographing Dr. Margaret Spellings, the University of North Carolina's President, at the University Women's Club Spring Luncheon.
Held at The Carolina Club, members gathered to hear President Spellings talk about her early days as the newly elected UNC president, as well as her beli[...]
- In the creases of a mother's hands there is a history of love written there.
Over the years I have photographed mothers and their children, seen their smiles and captured their hugs. I have been a witness to the history they create together. It starts before Day One, but the days that I get to photograph the[...]
- Last Friday as the afternoon began to wane and evening began to creep in, I met up with this lovely, bride-to-be
And her fiancé
For their engagement session in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
These two met through mutual friends (his friend, her sister) and their love story will make you giggle. It’s[...]
- If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen the image of the stunning couple I photographed on Saturday evening at the vow reaffirmation ceremony that they put on to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
Held at the newly constructed Noah’s Event Venue in Morrisville, North Carolina, they couldn’t have [...]
- As we wrap up the month of March – a time of springtime and showers, as well as school pride and bracket building – I wanted to take a moment to wish some of our peeps the happiest of birthday wishes.
Early in the month, the lovely Jenny celebrated her birthday
Followed by Kim who turned 14!
- Last Friday evening, the weather turned, the temps dropped, and the wind blew strong. However, that didn’t keep supporters of St Thomas More in Chapel Hill from attending their gala and auction. The theme for this soiree? I love the 80s. The gala committee did an amazing job with their decor, and Pastry Chef Sara Bet[...]
- This past Monday the sun shone brightly and sky was the clearest blue (some might even say Carolina blue)! It was the perfect weather to host 26 members of the Sir Walter Cabinet who drove from all over the state to join the University Women’s Club for their Annual Meeting at the Carolina Inn.
The Annual Meeting[...]
- As this month of love wraps up, I wanted to send an additional birthday wish out to our clients and friends who were born in the month of February. I think Style By Twee said it best when she posted this image on Instagram!
For the first of the birthdays this month, a special shout out to this guy who turned 6 [...]
- Last weekend I had the pleasure of photographing this sweet family in Morrisville, North Carolina.
Even though it's February, and it can be cold out, the sun and the light at this time of year is so stunning. Another reason for the shoot to happen over President's Day weekend was that we had the added bonus tha[...]
Before January comes to a close – this month of milestones and celebrations – I wanted to highlight the birthdays we celebrated within Barbara Bell Photography.
One of the most lively multi-family portraits I captured was with the Cleaveland family last May, and the patriarch of the family, Peter, celebr[...]