Category archives: family portraits
- On this final Monday in April, it’s time for a shout out to our clients, family, and friends who celebrated a birthday this month.
Early in the month, this dad celebrated his big day.
This sweet momma celebrated her birthday just a week later.
April, shown here visiting Hartleyhenge, followed with [...]
- In the creases of a mother's hands there is a history of love written there.
Over the years I have photographed mothers and their children, seen their smiles and captured their hugs. I have been a witness to the history they create together. It starts before Day One, but the days that I get to photograph the[...]
- If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen the image of the stunning couple I photographed on Saturday evening at the vow reaffirmation ceremony that they put on to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
Held at the newly constructed Noah’s Event Venue in Morrisville, North Carolina, they couldn’t have [...]
- As we wrap up the month of March – a time of springtime and showers, as well as school pride and bracket building – I wanted to take a moment to wish some of our peeps the happiest of birthday wishes.
Early in the month, the lovely Jenny celebrated her birthday
Followed by Kim who turned 14!
- If you’ve been reading the Barbara Bell Photography blog for a while now, you may remember it way back when we were on the Blogger platform…and you may remember reading about a sweet rescue dog by the name of Lulu over there.
It was sad news when we heard from our neighbors in San Carlos that Lulu had passed awa[...]
- In March I like to celebrate “Pets and their Peeps,” but before you think we’ve gone to the dogs, consider this: the health benefits of owning a pet (or spending time with someone else’s pet) have been widely documented and are pretty tough to dispute.
For example, did you know that a study published by the Journal [...]
- As this month of love wraps up, I wanted to send an additional birthday wish out to our clients and friends who were born in the month of February. I think Style By Twee said it best when she posted this image on Instagram!
For the first of the birthdays this month, a special shout out to this guy who turned 6 [...]
- Last weekend I had the pleasure of photographing this sweet family in Morrisville, North Carolina.
Even though it's February, and it can be cold out, the sun and the light at this time of year is so stunning. Another reason for the shoot to happen over President's Day weekend was that we had the added bonus tha[...]
Before January comes to a close – this month of milestones and celebrations – I wanted to highlight the birthdays we celebrated within Barbara Bell Photography.
One of the most lively multi-family portraits I captured was with the Cleaveland family last May, and the patriarch of the family, Peter, celebr[...]
- Recently, I had the pleasure of photographing the Confirmation ceremony at St. Charles Church in San Carlos, California. This was the 11th year that Barbara Bell Photography captured this ceremony, and I am always moved by how gracious the young adults in the program are.
Confirmation is one of the seven sacram[...]
- After the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I was so thrilled to get this New Year’s card from a dear high school friend. Who doesn’t love Happy New Year wishes? Her family looks so happy in this photo, and even my husband commented when he came home and ran across the card hanging on our fridge.
How cute are[...]
- Happy New Year!
I love new beginnings, and the start of the New Year is a great new beginning. It’s the chance to try something new, try something again, or clear your decks to make room for more of what you love. A new year is a celebration and a milestone in itself. What will you celebrate this year?